2021 Rules & Regulations
Wildwood Manor Swimming Pool Association 2021 POOL RULES
PLEASE READ THE RULES CAREFULLY.
Pursuant to Article V, Section 3 of the Bylaws governing the Wildwood Manor Swimming Pool Association (WMSPA), the Board of Directors shall have the authority to establish rules and regulations governing the use and operation of the Wildwood Manor Pool.
Although there are existing rules and regulations, the Board of Directors has determined that it is necessary and appropriate to establish modified rules and regulations governing the use of the pool and related bath house, parking and other facilities during COVID-19; and
The Board of Directors has adopted the following rules which are in addition to its previously adopted rules and are designed to comply with current governmental and public health restrictions and implement precautions to reduce the risks to members and guests using Wildwood Manor Swimming Pool (WMSP). The rules have been adopted for the 2020 pool season and have been established based on the guidance received from the State of Maryland, Montgomery County, and CDC relating to the operation of pools during COVID-19.
If there is a conflict between these rules and the previously approved and posted rules, then these rules will take precedence.
Given the governmental restrictions and potential risks, failure to abide by these rules may result in refusal of access and/or use of WMSP and may also be grounds for removal and/or suspension of future use of the WMSP or other enforcement action of the WMSPA. Your cooperation in abiding by these rules is essential for the continued operation of the WMSP. If any problems or questions arise, please discuss them with the Pool Manager or the Wildwood Pool Board. These rules may be revised and/or amended at any time at the discretion of the WMSPA Board of Directors.
All persons using the WMSP do so at their own risk and sole responsibility. WMSP, its Board of Directors, its agents and employees, management and pool contractor and staff do not assume responsibility for any accident, illness, or injury in connection with such use. All persons that use the WMSP covenant(s) and agree(s) to fully indemnify and hold harmless the Association, its Board of Directors, committees, professional staff, contractors and/or its agents and assignees, and make no claim against the Association for or on account of any loss or any damage of life, limb, or property sustained.
- If you or anyone in your household is sick, has tested positive for COVID-19, is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell), you must not enter or use any portion of the WMSP.
- Entry to the pool will be by advanced reservation system only. Reservations are on a first come- first serve basis.
- Capacity will be limited to 75 users per reserved time block. All users must clear the WMSP areas at the end of each time block.
- In accordance with the State’s guidance, all users must practice physical distancing while awaiting entry into the pool or clubhouse area. Entry and check-in to the pool or bath house area will be limited to one household at a time.
- User will be required to check-in at the lifeguard’s desk. Users may be additionally required to sign in prior to entry.
- The Association’s waiver must be signed and returned prior to admission to the pool.
- Until further notice, guests will not be permitted.
- Lap lanes may only be used by one person, per lane, at a time.
- Swim lessons will not be permitted.
- In accordance with the State’s directive, the baby pool and all water features will not be open or activated at this time
- In accordance with the State’s directive, all users inside the pool or on the pool deck or grounds must maintain a distance of at least six feet (6’) from all others except for members of their household. Parents or the responsible adult are responsible for the physical distancing of their children.
- In accordance with the State’s guidance, users must wear face coverings when interacting with staff or other individuals not from their household.
- Users must wear face coverings when in public areas such as the locker room, lifeguard station, entry area and bath house. Do not wear face coverings in the water.
- Pool deck furniture will be reduced and laid out to allow for physical distancing between small groups not in the same household. Please do not move deck furniture.
- Pool toys, floats, or other games that may be shared with others will not be permitted at this time. Personal items that are left by users will be discarded.
- Limit personal items and when leaving the WMSP, take with you all of your personal items. Any personal item left behind will be disposed of.
- The pavilion may not be rented until further notice and any previous rental arrangements are cancelled until further notice.
- If any user fails to comply with any rule, he/she may be required to leave the WMSP promptly and the decision of the pool staff on such matter shall be final. Non-Compliance with any rule may result in the deactivation of pool passes for the remainder of the season.